Raising Happy, Connected Children
Time & Location
About the Event
In collaboration with the stunning New Shoots beautiful children's centre at The Lakes Tauranga, we are proud to offer the community practical tools for supporting your child's mental wellbeing.
Confident, happy children have a range of tools and skills that help them maintain their physical and mental health. This workshop focuses on proven techniques for growing resilience and teaching children strategies for dealing with strong feelings and emotions in a positive way.
We also introduce family habits and routines that nurture empathy and help children feel content as they learn to show appreciation and gratitude for all that they have. Sound good? Our workshop sows the seeds for connection.
We give you practical tips and guidance on how to do this for both yourself and your family.
The session will cover:
- - An introduction to mindfulness in everyday life: how to actually do it and make it a habit
- - The science of mindfulness
- - How to raise a mindful child
- - Creative ideas for engaging children in mindfulness practices
- - Research-based tips for raising grateful and contented kids
- - Skills to support both parents and children in emotional regulation
- - Top tips for raising a body-positive child and how to foster a positive relationship with your own body
Presented by The Food Tree's Dietitian Rachael Wilson who is also a Mindfulness Coach.
Rachael is experienced in meditative practices and has training in mindful parenting, creative mindfulness for children and is qualified in the treatment of eating disorders and body image concerns.
- Double Ticket$65$650$0
- Standard Ticket$40$400$0