Sun, 07 May|
Totara Park Village, Warkworth
Raising Happy and Connected Children - an introduction to positive parenting solutions
Confident, happy children have a range of tools and skills that help maintain their physical and mental well-being. This workshop focuses on proven techniques for growing resilience and teaching children (and caregivers) strategies for dealing with strong feelings and emotions in a positive way.
Time & location
07 May, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Totara Park Village, Warkworth
As parents, we are familiar with the daunting challenges that society has been facing lately. Climate change, a global pandemic, and the constant noise of social media have all contributed to a sense of unease and uncertainty, which has affected our children as well.
Unfortunately, New Zealand has some of the highest youth suicide rates in the OECD, and eating disorders are on the rise.
At The Food Tree, we can help prepare your child for whatever the future holds by using evidence-based, practical tools and a positive approach that is grounded in reality. This way, we can empower our children to navigate these challenges successfully.
Parenting can be challenging, and it doesn't come with a handbook. We all want the best for our children, but in today's world, preparing them for a future that is yet to be defined can feel like a daunting task. We are not meant to parent in isolation, and we need the support of others.
Let us provide a nurturing space for you to explore how to parent differently and create a positive home environment that will allow you and your family to thrive.
We are excited to offer this workshop that empowers parents and teachers to raise the next generation with confidence. Confident, happy children have a range of tools and skills that help them maintain their physical and mental health.
This workshop focuses on proven techniques for growing resilience, teaching children strategies for dealing with strong feelings and emotions in a positive way, and introducing family habits and routines that nurture empathy and help children feel content as they learn to show appreciation and gratitude for all that they have.
Our workshop sows the seeds for connection, giving you practical tips and guidance on how to do this for both yourself and your family.
The session will cover:
- An introduction to mindfulness in everyday life
- How to develop coping skills and emotional regulation in children
- Creative ideas for engaging children in mindfulness practices
- Skills to support both parents and children in emotional regulation
- The concept of positive parenting and its benefits for children's mental health
- Promoting children's self-esteem and confidence
- Supporting children's mental health and well-being through healthy habits, such as intention setting and gratitude practice
- The importance of self-care for parents, including the need to manage stress, take time for self-care, and seek support when needed.
- There will also be opportunities for questions and discussion to ensure that parents feel confident and supported in their efforts to promote positive parenting and build their children's mental fitness and well-being.
The workshop will be presented by The Food Tree's Dietitian, Rachael Wilson, who is also a Mindfulness Coach. Rachael is experienced in meditative practices and has training in mindful parenting and creative mindfulness for children, and is also qualified in the treatment of eating disorders and body image concerns.
In order to prepare children for an uncertain world, we need to dare to parent differently. Come join the revolution.
This 3-hour workshop will empower you to raise the next generation with confidence.
In this workshop, you'll leave feeling set up for success:
- Time to focus on yourself and what you want for your family. Tailoring goals specifically for you.
- Leave with some solid practical techniques and our parenting workbook.
- Our specially curated list of books to add to your child's library to support you to expand your their well-being.
Reserve a spot
Early Bird$85.00Sold Out
Note there are a limited number of tickets for this price. Senior Citizens, Students, Unwaged and Equity members.$65.00
Food Tree events are hosted by
Family Feeding Specialist
Rachael is a paediatric dietitian and family feeding specialist with a wide variety of experience and skills. Trained in SOS feeding therapy, Rachael is one of only 7 people worldwide selected by the Ellyn Satter institute in the USA to become one of their affiliate child feeding specialists.
She has a background in mindfulness and intuitive eating and is trained in mindful eating through The Centre for Mindful Eating and has undergone training in responsive feeding therapy, eating disorders and body image.
Don't miss out!
Here's what other parents are saying...
"Brilliant talk. So interesting and all of what was said makes perfect sense. Highly recommend"
"I learned so much from the presentation! Thank you. I am much more relaxed when it meal time now and my kids have become much easier to feed."
"I’m a huge fan of The Food Tree and their approach to mindful eating practices with children. They’re informative, knowledgeable, helpful and gentle. I’ve been to a few of their workshops now, and each time I come away with new tools on how to create a positive experience for children at meal times."